I realized the importance of good skin care early on in high school when I began wearing daily moisturizer, cleansing my face every morning. It soon lead me to using eye cream, exfoliator and products with SPF.
It wasn't until until my mid-twenties when I started experiencing breakouts on my chin, and while I'm still clearing it up today, it took me to 29 to find products and a skin care regimen that works for my skin type (went from normal-dry to combination). My advice is to start a skin care regimen early, especially when it comes to cleansing (and being sure to remove makeup EVERY night-- that was one of my downfalls), moisturizing and protecting skin with sunblock and products with SPF. Here's products in my regimen that I have been using and find to work:
1. While I do get breakouts, I do have tiny, tight pores... and I want to keep it that way. For the last several months I have been using Neutrogena's Pore Refining Daily Cleanser
, which has been great at keeping pores clean and tight.
3. To really get my skin clean, I have also been using Olay's Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System
, which is a budget-friendly cleansing brush. Seriously, I am addicted to this thing! It' soft enough that it doesn't irritate my acne, which was surprising to me as I thought it would.
4. I'll use makeup wipes for those nights when I'm just too lazy to wash my face-- I'll admit it, bad habits are hard to break!
5. Out of all the different moisturizers I've used, I always turn back to my standby, Philosophy's Hope In A Jar
. This moisturizer is gentle, non-oily, and leaves my skin feeling soft. Since this one does not contain SPF, I wear a tinted moisturizer with SPF over it.
6. If I know I'll be outside all day, sunblock is a must! However, I hate putting oily, greasy body sunblock on my face and use a sunscreen that is specifically formulated for the face. This past year I have been using Neutrogena's Clear Face Liquid-Lotion Sunblock
What are some of your must-have skin care products?
Labels: beauty, skin care