|Image via Rayi Christian Wicaksono|
The word itself sounds so... blah. After a fun weekend getting back into the swing of things can be difficult. Luckily, I love my job so for me Mondays aren’t so bad, but some days it can be hard just to get out of my nice, comfy warm bed and get my week started. Here’s my 5 tips on how to beat those Monday blues:
1. Get to bed at a decent time Sunday night: I’m usually in bed at night by 10:30 pretty much every night— this way I can feel refreshed and take my time in the morning. If you can, try to get in the habit of getting up even 30 minutes earlier to give yourself some extra “you” time—sip your coffee, read your favorite blogs, take your time on your makeup, make breakfast, etc. You won’t feel so tired and rushed trying to get out the door.
2. Make a to-do list for the week: Writing down everything I need to do for the week ahead makes it so much easier to complete tasks, whether it’s for work or personal. At work, I’ll create my to-do list for Monday on the Friday before. This way, when I get to the office I know what I need to work on to conquer the day.
3. Keep Monday mornings open: Keep your Monday schedule light—if you can help it, don’t pack in any morning meetings, presentations or conference calls. Give yourself some time to catch up and get your week scheduled. Monday’s can be stressful enough just trying to get out of bed—don’t make it any harder.
4. Plan for something fun for the week: I usually pack a lunch but my co-workers and I have a standing lunch date on Thursdays— it gives us all something to look forward to! Can’t wait that long? Plan a Monday or Tuesday lunch outing with co-workers, Wednesday Happy Hour, or Monday a.m. donuts.
5. When you look good, you feel good: You have the entire weekend to plan a cute outfit for Monday, use that to your advantage!
How do you beat a case of the Mundays? Enjoy your week!