I’ve been taking some peeks at all the looks coming off the NYFW shows this week and I have to say that the beauty looks at Donna Karan ruled the runway, most especially (and this kills me to say) Kendall Jenner (she’s technically NOT a Kardashian, right??). Everything from the glowing skin and minimal makeup with rosy cheeks & lips to the sleek straight side-parts was perfect. In fact, I was so inspired by this look that I had to recreate it today!
1. This entire runway look focuses on glowing, dewy skin. I got this look by first prepping the skin by using a rich, creamy moisturizer; right now I am loving Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream and argan oil. To get that glowing-from-within perfected looking skin, I used a lightweight foundation that provides a glowing sheen- not shine or shimmer- such as Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow Foundation. If you need a little extra help (no shame!) use a concealer to cover any blemishes or under eye circles.
2. To get those naturally rosy, just-pinched cheeks, use a cream blush such as Stila Convertible Color in Rose or Peony. The cream blush will blend nicely and easily on the foundation and looks more natural; it’s not as heavy as a powder blush and it’s easy to build on the color for the desired look. Oh, and I can’t believe I am saying this but skip the highlighter for this look.
3. For eyes, keep it simple by using a nude matte shadow that is close to your natural skin tone and gently sweep across lids. I’m obsessed with the light matte nude shade Walk of Shame in the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette! No dramatic liner here, just a soft application of brown pencil liner, such as Rimmel London SpecialEyes Eye Liner Pencil in Rich Brown, on the upper lids.
4. As for mascara, it doesn’t look like the models are wearing any but let’s be real, I’m no model. I applied a super light coat of Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara (available 2/27!) to top and bottom lashes to help open my eyes.
5. Finish off the look with a matte, rosy pout. I opted to just use a liner to fill in my entire lips and then blotted. Opt for a brick-red rosy shade such as Charlotte Tilbury ‘Lip Cheat’ Lip Liner in Savage Rose. A simple yet flirty look-- you are now runway ready!