Much of the holiday season is devoted to shopping and it can be so easy to get caught up in sales and spending that you loose sight of things in this world that truly matter. Luckily, you can shop and still give back in some way! Here's a few great gift ideas that your recipient is sure to love, more so because they give back to a special cause:
1. Tory Burch Foundation Seed Box: Features six products made by women entrepreneurs all packaged in a graphic keepsake sliding box. 100% of all proceeds will benefit the Tory Burch Foundation, which supports women-owned small businesses. If you are a Tory Burch fan, this gift set is a must!
3. Tumi Luggage Tag: Created in partnership with St. Jude, proceeds from the tag helps support the annual St. Jude Children's Research Hospital® Thanks and Giving campaign, of which Tumi is a proud sponsor. Tumi will donate $35 of the purchase price of each St. Jude luggage tag to help St. Jude find cures and save children.
4. Stella & Dot Enlighten Bracelet: Stella & Dot donates 20% of the purchase price of purchases of the Enlighten Bracelet to Every Mother Counts, which informs, engages, and mobilizes new audiences to take actions and raise funds that support maternal health programs around the world making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother.
5. Warby ParkerSunglasses: For every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is sold inexpensively to someone in need in a developing country, who would otherwise have no means to access eyewear. Their non-profit partner, VisionSprings, also trains men and women in these nations to sell the glasses, allowing them to earn a living.
6. FASHIONABLE Tadesse Bucket Bag: This gorgeous trendy bag is handcrafted in Ethiopia, each purchase from FASHIONABLE helps to provide opportunities for women in Africa, helping them to start sustainable small business cooperatives.
7. Raven + Lily Candle: Purchases of this candle help to benefit at-risk women in the US. Each candle is created by women who have transitioned out of homelessness giving them an employment opportunity that allows for them to continue on the path of empowerment.
8. The Home TState T-Shirt: My California Home T is one of my favorite shirts (see how I wore it here!) and due to this week's horrific events in my area I am even more proud to wear it, plus it helps promote a great cause. For each purchase, proceeds are donated to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society for research.
10: FEED + Mouth Snack Bag: FEED partners with renowned organizations like the United Nations World Food Programme,UNICEF, Feeding America, and DonorsChoose.org to provide meals, nutritional supplements, and education to children. Proceeds from the sales of this particular snack bag provides 10 school meals for children around the world.
Here's a few other ways you can give back during the holiday season:
SHOP AMAZON SMILE
Did you know that you can automatically give back to your favorite charity by shopping Amazon? Visit smile.amazon.com and shop items as you normally would (eligible items will be marked as “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation”) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.
DONATIONS & VOLUNTEER
You don't need to shop in order to give back-- you can donate money, items, or your time! Around the holidays I usually gather up old towels and blankets to donate to local animal shelters; you can also find local clothes, toy and food drives to help others in your community. SuperFood Drive, provides community education on healthy eating and offers resources to provide healthy foods to local food banks. They have a helpful list of nutrient-rich foods that are most needed (not that box of 2-year old crackers in the back of your pantry!). Many charities are also looking for extra volunteers during this season to lend a helping hand, whether it's serving, toy wrapping, playing with shelter puppies and kittens (yes, this exists!), volunteers are always needed somewhere. Check out Volunteer Match to find a charity near you.
SHOP THE POST:
Do you give back during the holiday season in some way? Share!