Even with the holidays being over, it seems like life is being kicked into high gear and it's go-go-GO! I don't know about you, but if I can get a shortcut I will gladly take it, and that even goes with my beauty routine. Keep reading for my top timesaving beauty hacks and feel free to share yours in the comments below >>
1. Bold lips are having a major makeup moment and sometimes you'll find that perfect color but unfortunately the staying power isn't so perfect. To keep lipstick lasting all day, first apply a lip stain
then top with a matte lipstick
in a similar shade. Mattes tend to last longer normally, but once it starts wearing off, you'll still have the lip stain underneath.
2. One of my go-to eye looks is a quick smoky eye, which I can create in just a couple minutes using a kohl eyeliner.
I apply a thick line above my upper lashes and using a blending blush, smudge it all over my lid, then smudging some liner on my lower lash line. I then line my eyes as normal and add a couple coats of mascara. Easy peasy!
3. Freshen up on the go with deodorant wipes> My pick are the Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes
, they are formulated with natural ingredients including coconut milk and kale extract to control odor and protect for hours. Not just for underarms, I'll wipe these all over for a quick refresh.
4. While I don't have many, yet (knock on wood!), I know that fine lines around my eyes will be inevitable. If you're already starting to see these, apply a foundation primer
under and around the eyes and even around lips to blur any pesky fine lines. The silicone formula will "blur" the lines and provides a smooth base for foundation and concealer.
5. Unless you've been keeping up with your tan, keeping glowing skin during the colder, drier winter months can be a challenge. To keep it looking hydrated and glow, add a drop or two of liquid highlighter
into your foundation for that extra. For a more bronzed look, simply mix in drops of liquid bronzer into your foundation then apply.
Have you tried any of these beauty hacks? Tell me!