I don't know about you but on hot summer days I don't always feel like putting on makeup-- especially if I'm going to be outside sweating it off. Drippy mascara is just not a good look. For the days I want to go light, I keep the product usage to a minimum.
Continue reading to see the full look and how-to using just six makeup products>>
1. If my skin looks somewhat decent I'll just apply a little concealer here and there and call it a day. However, for the days I need some extra help, or if I know I'll be outside, I want a base with coverage and protection, while still feeling lightweight. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream
with SPF 50. I apply a small amount and use a blending sponge to blend out over my entire face, evening out my complexion. I love that this CC cream is super lightweight and has an SPF of 50, which helps keep my face protected while outside in the sun.
2. Once my complexion is looking on point, I need to add a little color back to my skin. Bronzer is a must, especially in the summer. I work in the office and don't get outside as much as I'd like so you know what they say... fake it until you make it. The Cargo Swimmables Bronzer
gives a nice, natural-looking bronze as if I was sunkissed by the sun. I take a bronzer brush and apply it to my temples, hollows of cheeks, and jawline... and a little bit to my décolletage for a little extra glow. This bronzer is also water-resistant and holds up well in the heat.
3. I like to add soft natural-looking color to my cheeks as well. Lately I've been using the Pixi Beauty Cheek Tint Gel
in the shade "Natural". This is a transluscent gel that applies similar to a cheek stain or cream, easily blending and giving a very natural flush. I typically apply to the apples of my cheeks and use my fingers to blend over my cheeks. I find that the gel looks most natural and also has hydrating properties that my skin loves.
4. I just can't leave highlighter out of my beauty looks- it's a MUST! Lately I've been all over the Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter
, which I also mentioned in a recent beauty faves
post. Like the cheek gel, I apply using my fingers to the tops of my cheekbones and blend. This highlighter sets fast so you have to blend quickly! The pretty golden shade pairs nicely with bronzed looks and is really pretty for summer!
5. I can do without eye shadow and eye liner, but I HAVE to have mascara. While I prefer non-waterproof formulas, you can scoop up the Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
if you need the extra staying power. This one will hold up to sweat, tears, water, you name it. Plus it makes your lashes look AMAZING. Trust.
6. To finish the look, a bright coral lip is a must! I think the Butter London Lip in Ladybird
is the quintessential summer shade- it's bright and poppy- just adds that extra something-something to summer makeup looks. The Lip Crayon may be hard to find, but they offer the same shade in liquid lipstick form.
What are some of your go-to beauty products during hot summer months?
SHOP THE POST: